When I ran out of product in my travel size Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion tube, I just about cried because it is one of my favorites. While the product does last a good two or three months, it tends to come with a slightly hefty price tag. I did the math, and if I bought a travel sized version every two months, then the price per year would be $78.00. So, I thought… there has to be a primer out there that works just as well, but is more affordable. I ended up coming across NYX Proof It! Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer, which is just $6.99 on Ulta’s website. Below, I will list a few pros and cons I have discovered in comparison to Urban Decay’s Anti Aging Eyeshadow Primer.
- Transparent when applied
- Lightweight consistency
- Keeps eyeshadows locked in place for over 8 hours
- Has 0.23 fl. oz. compared to Urban Decay’s travel sized primer at 0.16 fl. oz.
- Is compact
- Has a plastic stopper to help prevent mess.
- Applicator is soft
- Does not crease with eyeshadow or skin
- Slightly sticky adhesive feeling compared to Urban Decay.
- A bit of a chemical smell, but not detectable when worn.
Overall, I absolutely adore NYX Proof It! Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer. It’s well worth every penny, and my eyeshadow stays on perfectly through long work shifts with the same appearance it had when it was first applied.
Not Your Cup of Fashion